Why Date? Cause it’s Fate!
You see, dating in these times has drastically changed from the older days. Usually it is the male who will ask the female out on a date or to be in a serious relationship. Some men say that if the woman is the initiator, they take it to be masculine and desperate. Females are always expected to keep their femininity. Other men think of it differently and say they would be thrilled if a woman asked them out on a date. Way back when, many men had to first get privilege from his significant other’s father before dating her officially or just simply going on a date. Currently there are still some parents that expect this sort of treatment from a potential boyfriend. They want to be sure that their daughter is dating a man that they approve of.
In the past having arranged marriages was also very common. This is when the parents of the daughter or son is friends with another family and they set them up together to be married. The popularity of this has decreased but in places such as Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Japan, India, Muslim countries, and more still practice them. Personally I do not agree with arranged dating or marriage considering someone should never be forced into loving someone or having to spend the rest of their life with another.
Dating should be a fun way to meet new people even if you don’t begin to have a romantic relationship with them in the end. Many people date because of their insecurities and fear that they will forever be alone. There are people who date to relieve their sexual urges and others want to see what they are looking for in a future partner. They hope to eventually find someone to spend the rest of their life with.
Advances in technology have created many new ways of communicating and meeting people over the internet. From blind dates and online dating to speed dating there are now ways to set up dates with people you have never met. The negative side of this is that there are a majority of people who pretend to be someone they aren’t online. It’s so popular these days that 20-40 million Americans have used online dating services. Then there is speed dating which was created by a rabbi in Los Angles in 1999 based on traditional ways of Jewish dating. I find that the best way to meet someone is if you’re already friends with them or meet them in person and become friends with them.
Random Dating Facts
- Over half of all singles in America haven’t been on a date in 2 years
- A mans main fears are that the woman will come in between him and his friends, that he will have no free time, she will be high maintenance, she won’t respect him, and that she will turn out to be a stalker
- The top ten turn-offs for women include acne, gross nails, burping, unattractive teeth, body odor, bad breath, hairy nostrils, and “man boobs”
- eHarmony.com boasts that 236 of its members marry each day, accounting for 2% of U.S. marriages
- Five types of women that men tend to avoid are serial flirters, someone who talks about marriage too soon, clingy women, the party-girl, and a woman who talks too much or is drama queen
- The most common time for breakups is around three to five months
- Approximately 48% of online daters reported that their breakups occurred via email